The DIAG4ZOO Team developed a high level of expertise in animal studies and can provide biomarkers and diagnostics leading to animal healthcare management within the challenge of breeding in Quality, Safety, Secure conditions, and Traceability.
The DIAG4ZOO Team can provide its sponsors with biomarkers and innovative diagnostics in different fields of application in many species of animals, even with few biological information or genomic data.
Using Biomarkers or Diagnostics discovered or developed by DIAG4ZOO, breeders are able to detect early infections, to select animal line resistant to diseases, but also individuals through sex identification tests when breeding conditions need, in aquaculture for instance.
The products developed by the DIAG4ZOO Team are able to :
- increase the production in a biological balance,
- manage and monitor diseases and therapies,
- respect animal welfare,
- reach marketing optimal competitive conditions.
The DIAG4ZOO Team has been recently involved involved in different research programs. Some of them have been described in the following case studies:
Hence, the DIAG4ZOO Team has a great expertise in collaborations with different types of partners covering a broad range of applications in veterinary area :
- IRD (Institut de Recherche pour le Développement - Montpellier, France) to develop a new Diagnostic enabling early fish sex identification in Arapaima Gigas (pirarucu, paiche) aquaculture,
- Ifremer Palavas Laboratory (France) to develop a new Diagnostic to detect the nodavirus,
- Ifremer Montpellier Laboratory (France) to identify natural Biomarkers of resistance in order to develop sustainable genitor lines in aquaculture,
- Bologna University and several European partners in the POC4PETS program in order to develop "Point of Care Diagnostics for rapid detection of companion animal's pathogens" ,,
- Ifremer Tahiti and the French Polynesian government in order to improve the peal quality in French Polynesian pearl oyster breeders (POLYPERL project granted by French ANR) ,,
- French company Virbac and IRD to develop a new vaccine against canine leishmania and to identify vaccine efficiency biomarkers, which could be linked to an immune positive response of the animal (VAXILEISH project granted by French FUI financing)
- Ifremer Montpellier Laboratory (France) project to identify natural genes of resistance in order to develop sustainable shrimp genitor lines, which would be able to resist to pathogens epidemic plague avoiding the use of additional chemical treatment such as antibiotic or other chemicals ,
- CIRAD (Centre de coopération Internationale en Recherche Agronomique pour le Développement - Montpellier, France) in order to identify Trypanosomia Bovis biomarkers and breed resistant animals ,
- Laboratoire des Courses Hippiques (LCH, France) in order to identify EPO drug abuse Biomarkers in aim of preventing doping in the horse-racing industry ,
The DIAG4ZOO Team collaborated recently with Dr Didier Serteyn (Bioptis) to discover Biomarkers associated with the development of orthopaedic Osteochondrosis disease (OCD). This disease can affect growing horses, their ability to perform and severely compromise their athletic careers. After Gene Expression analyses by sequencing and clinical validations by qRT-PCR on individuals, OCD markers specific to fetlock, tibiotarsal, and femoro-patellar joints have been identified.
If you require more information please contact the DIAG4ZOO Team (T: +33(0)467 419 748, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org).